Genome Informatics (Virtual Conference)14 - 16 September 2020Virtual Conference
Deadlines (at 23:59 UTC):
- Abstract deadline 21 July 2020
- Registration deadline 07 September 2020
20 years of Genome Informatics
Owing to the ongoing situation with covid-19, this event will be organised as a virtual conference.
Genome Informatics 2020 will focus on large-scale approaches to understanding the structure and biology of genomes. This conference will once again bring together computational biologists, human geneticists and others working on comparative and evolutionary genomics to discuss recent advances in this fast moving field.
The recent ‘explosion’ in new data requires biologists to increase the scale and sophistication of the information technology used in their research. The conference will encompass a wide range of methods for the analysis of these data, including a focus on approaches such as variant-calling, transcriptomic analysis, and variant interpretation, applied to large genomic data sets.
The Genome Informatics conference alternates between the Wellcome Genome Campus in Hinxton, UK and Cold Spring Harbor, New York, USA. This is the 20th meeting in the series.
The conference will start at approximately 1 pm (BST) on Monday 14 September and close at approximately 7 pm on Wednesday 16 September 2020.
- Microbial and Metagenomics
- Sequencing Algorithms, Variant Discovery and Genome Assembly
- Evolution, Complex Traits and Phylogenetics
- Personal and Medical Genomics
- Genome and epigenome structure and function
A detailed programme for this virtual event will be available soon.
- Organisers / Speakers
Scientific programme committee
Washington State University, USA
University of Birmingham, UK
Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Australia
Christoph Bock – CeMM Research Center for Molecular Medicine, Austria
Titus Brown – University of Californina, Davis, USA
Kelley Harris – University of Washington, USA
Smita Krishnaswamy – Yale University, USA
Alice McHardy – Helmholtz Centre for Infection, Germany
Pall Melsted – University of Iceland, Iceland
Karen Miga – University of Californina, Santa Cruz, USA
Rafal Mostowy – Jagiellonian University, Poland
Lucila Ohno-Machado – University of California, San Diego, USA
Oliver Pybus – University of Oxford, UK
Nicole Schatlowski, Senior Scientific Programme Officer
Laura Hubbard, Conference and Events Manager
- Registration / Accommodation
Virtual registration rate Student £50 Delegates from LMICs* £50 Academic £100 Commercial £150
The virtual registration package includes: Access to all live-streamed sessions (including poster sessions and online networking channels), as well as access to all sessions ‘on-demand’ for four weeks after the event.
* To increase the international diversity of attendees at our meetings, we have reduced fees for delegates from Lower and Middle Income Countries (see list of countries here)
We welcome abstracts from all areas relevant to the main themes of the meeting, for both oral and poster presentations. Several oral presentations will be chosen from the abstracts submitted.
Abstracts will only be considered from registered delegates. Please use our online abstract submission system and follow the instructions given to ensure your abstract is submitted correctly. All abstracts must be submitted by the deadline. If you are intending to submit more than one abstract, please contact the conference organiser prior to registration.
The scientific programme committee will assess your abstract after the deadline has passed and you will be notified whether you have been selected for an oral or poster presentation.
All abstract submissions accepted for a poster presentation will be given the opportunity to upload a short video describing their work.
Abstract deadline: 21 July 2020
How to upload an abstract once you have already completed registration:
- Log back into your registration account using either Firefox or Internet Explorer as your browser, via link above the ‘Share’ button on the right hand column of this page
- Click on ‘Account’ (top right).
- Then click on ‘View account history’. This will show a table of your event registrations.
- In the right-hand column you will see the option to ‘Upload file’ – click on this and select to upload an abstract.
With thanks to our virtual conference sponsors:
If you are interested in supporting this meeting, please contact the conference organiser.